Safely deleting stuff
We cover your back! You cannot delete stuff that is important for your visitors.
We all know these “404 – Not Found” pages on the web, and we hate them. However, in conventional content management systems, it is easy to delete a file or a needed page somewhere else.
xamoom makes this not only hard but impossible. You cannot remove or delete stuff that is needed in another place.
So, you should never run into problems or inconsistencies. But if you want to delete something, it is getting a bit harder.
How to delete
How to delete them anyway
A pop-up displays a list of all locations where the media file is being used. Click on the “Edit” link to edit the document and delete all blocks that contain the file that you want to delete.
Pages that are not active (but inactive or event in the garbage) cannot be displayed to the end-user. Thus, change the state or deleting a page could lead to inconsistencies.
If you want to go on, you need to do some changes to specific pages or spots. Click on the “?” in the upper right corner.
This applies to:
- media files that are part of a page (images, downloads, audio)
- images that are used as cover images for pages and spots
- pages that are connected to spots (locations or objects)
- pages that are connected on other pages – e.g. in links using the content block “page”
- pages that are used with conditional content
All these objects cannot be deleted, nor can they be made inactive.